High pressure over the northeast states will wedge southward into the region through Friday. A frontal boundary stays in the vicinity of the region through Friday before lifting to the northeast as a warm front. A cold front will cross the area this weekend followed by a wave of low pressure that looks to bring mainly rain ahead of a surge of Arctic air that will arrive next week.

In the forecast – there is a 40 percent chance of rain or drizzle Friday and Friday night, 20 percent chance of rain Saturday and Saturday night, 80 percent chance of rain Sunday and Sunday night, 80 percent chance of snow Monday morning, the partly cloudy through Monday night. Sunny Tuesday and Wednesday.