A coastal low forming off the Georgia coast this morning will quickly deepen as it moves northeast today and tonight. High pressure follows and will cover our region on Wednesday. Low pressure will track out of the Tennessee Valley on Friday, bringing the next chance of widespread rain to the area.

Your 5-day WHEEcast – 20 percent chance of rain today with a high of 49. Clearing tonight with a low of 33. Sunny Wednesday with a high of 67 and low of 42. Sunny Thursday with a high of 70. 50 percent chance of showers Thursday night with a low of 48. 70 percent chance of showers Friday reducing to 30 percent Friday night with a high of 61 and a low of 51. Partly sunny Saturday with a high of 72 and low of 53.