The Henry County Sheriff’s Office has concluded an undercover drug investigation into the distribution of methamphetamine and heroin. On May 30, 2019, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office executed search warrants at 2421 Spencer Preston Rd., Martinsville, Virginia and 2085 Rives Rd., Martinsville, VA.
The searches yielded approximately three-quarters of a pound of methamphetamine, one-quarter of a pound of heroin, a small quantity of marijuana, 26 firearms and $2200.00 in U.S. Currency. The approximate street value of the narcotics is in excess of $30,000.00. The suspected narcotics will be submitted to the Virginia Department of Forensic Science for analysis.
James Bradley Young, 31, of 2421 Spencer Preston Rd. was arrested and charged with the following.
- Possession of a schedule I or II controlled substance w/ intent to distribute.
- Possession of 100 grams or more of methamphetamine.
- Possessing a controlled substance while simultaneously possessing a firearm.
- Possession of a firearm by a violent convicted felon.
- Maintaining a fortified drug house.
All charges are felonies. James Bradley Young is currently held in the Henry County Jail without bond.