Entertainment

In brief: Noah Wyle reveals ‘The Pitt’ season 3 timeline and more

Noah Wyle is letting fans know what they can expect in season 3 of The Pitt. Deadline reports that Wyle took to the stage at the Warner Bros. Upfront on Wednesday and revealed the time period when season 3 will take place. “It’s set in early November, just before the holidays, ushering in a whole new set of emergencies and confrontations and complications,” the outlet reports Wyle said. It seems there’s no place like the hospital for the holidays, according to Wyle, who also said the third season is about to start production …

The teaser trailer for The Hawk has arrived. Netflix has released the official teaser for its upcoming comedy series starring Will Ferrell as golfer Lonnie “The Hawk” Hawkins. Also starring in the show are Molly Shannon, Jimmy Tatro, Fortune Feimster and Luke Wilson. It follows 2004’s #1 golfer as he attempts to make the greatest comeback in the history of the sport …

In other Netflix news, the streaming service has renewed its shows Big Mistakes, My Life with the Walter Boys, Quarterback and Running Point for new seasons. It also announced that season 11 of Love is Blind will take place in Boston …

Bonrad is so back. We have our first official look at Christopher Briney and Lola Tung in character as Conrad and Belly in The Summer I Turned Pretty film. Prime Video released the photo as a way to mark cameras rolling on the upcoming movie, which will officially conclude the story that was told in the three-season romance series. “Did you miss them? The Summer I Turned Pretty movie is now in production,” the post’s caption reads …

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

Colman Domingo says ‘Michael’ biopic ‘was not an easy shoot’

Colman Domingo attends the 2026 Met Gala celebrating “Costume Art” at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 4, 2026, in New York City. (Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)

Colman Domingo is opening up about the making of the biopic Michael.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter published on Wednesday, Domingo talked about what it was like to portray Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson’s father, in the biopic about the King of Pop.

“This was not an easy shoot, I will not shy away from that,” Domingo said. To transform into his character, Domingo wore heavy prosthetics and colored contact lenses, and shaved his mustache into a thin line.

Additionally, Michael underwent heavy script rewrites and many reshoots. As part of the changes, Domingo’s role became more integral to the film. The story evolved to center on the friction between Joe and Michael.

“Every time the film was changing in some way, shape or form, there were discussions with me just to make sure that we’re clear about the story we’re telling,” Domingo said.

Even though its production was different than any other project he had been a part of previously, Domingo said he is proud of the film.

“[The movie] has become an examination of how Michael became Michael, before we deal with anything else. Everyone thinks there’s one way to tell his story, and there isn’t. One can’t deny Michael’s genius and his extraordinary legacy in the music industry,” Domingo said.

Michael earned $217 million worldwide during its opening weekend. The film didn’t tell all of the pop star’s life story, however, leaving the door open for more to come.

When asked about making a sequel to Michael, Domingo said, “I will want to know what story we will be telling in part two.”

Michael is available to watch in theaters now.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

It’s their moment: A ‘KPop Demon Hunters’ world tour is happening

‘KPop Demon Hunters’ world tour (Courtesy Netflix)

In the not-so-distant future, tickets for a KPop Demon Hunters world tour will be going up, up, up for sale.

Ahead of the one-year anniversary of the record-breaking, Oscar-winning Netflix animated film and its award-winning, chart-topping soundtrack, the streamer has announced a KPop Demon Hunters global concert tour.

The tour is described as a “live experience” that will “bring elements of the global phenomenon to life in dynamic and unforgettable ways for fans around the world,” but there aren’t any details beyond that. For example, the involvement of the singers behind the movie’s two main groups, HUNTR/X and Saja Boys, is unknown at this time.

More information about which cities the tour will visit and when tickets will go on sale will be announced later this year, but you can join a wait list to be notified at KPopDemonHunterslive.com.

KPop Demon Hunters debuted on Netflix on June 20, 2025, and became the most-watched original title in Netflix history. Its soundtrack dominated the Billboard charts, including the #1 hit “Golden,” the first K-pop song in history to win a Grammy Award and the first to win an Academy Award. The film also won the best animated feature film Oscar.

Since the movie became a success, EJAE, Rei Ami and Audrey Nuna, the voices of HUNTR/X, have performed together on TV and live, and were named Women of the Year at Billboard‘s annual Women In Music gala.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

‘Big Brother’ season 28 gets CBS premiere date

Julie Chen Moonves awards Ashley Hollis the winner of ‘Big Brother’ season 27. (Matthew Taplinger/CBS)

It’s not summer without Big Brother.

CBS has announced that season 28 of the hit reality competition series will premiere on July 9. The special 90-minute episode kicks off premiere week. It will be followed by the return of the show’s companion series, Big Brother: Unlocked, on July 10. Another 90-minute episode will air on July 12.

Big Brother follows a group of people who live together in a house without the ability to leave it or access anything about the outside world. The house has dozens of cameras and microphones that record their every move, every second of the day. Each week a person gets voted out of the house, until the last remaining houseguest wins the $750,000 prize.

Julie Chen Moonves returns once again to host the show, which this season will include the milestone 1,000th episode of the series. This means Big Brother will become the first primetime series to reach 1,000 original episodes.

After its premiere weekend, Big Brother season 28 will air Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays on CBS. It will also be available to stream on Paramount+ the following day.

Additionally, fans will once again be able to watch the Big Brother live feeds on Paramount+ and Pluto TV.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

Meg Stalter to make Broadway debut starring in ‘Oh, Mary!’

Meg Stalter attends the Los Angeles premiere of ‘Hacks’ season 5 on April 8, 2026, in Los Angeles, California. (Rodin Eckenroth/FilmMagic via Getty Images)

Oh, Mary? More like Oh, Meg!

Meg Stalter will make her Broadway debut by taking on the starring role of Mary Todd Lincoln in the Tony Award-winning play Oh, Mary!

Stalter’s run in the production will be a 10-week limited engagement starting on July 6 and ending on Sept. 12.

Oh, Mary!‘s official Instagram shared a poster with Stalter adorned in Mary’s signature bratty curls. The account also posted a video of Stalter getting in costume as Mary before looking straight to the camera and saying, “Sensational.”

Cole Escola created, wrote and won a Tony for starring in Oh, Mary! The show is a one-act comedy play centered on Mary Todd Lincoln in the weeks leading up to her husband Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.

Maya Rudolph is currently starring as Mary Todd Lincoln in the production. She made her Broadway debut through this limited run, which was recently extended for two additional weeks. Her final performance in the role will be July 5.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

‘Stuart Fails to Save the Universe’ gets release date, teaser trailer

Lauren Lapkus, Kevin Sussman, John Ross Bowie and Brian Posehn in ‘Stuart Fails to Save the Universe.’ (Colin Remas Brown/HBO Max)

The Big Bang Theory spinoff series Stuart Fails to Save the Universe now has a teaser trailer and release date.

HBO Max has announced that the series will premiere on July 23. It will consist of 10 episodes which will be released weekly every Thursday.

The new series stars Kevin Sussman as Stuart, Lauren Lapkus as Denise, Brian Posehn as Bert and John Ross Bowie as Barry.

“Comic book store owner Stuart Bloom is tasked with restoring reality after he breaks a device built by Sheldon and Leonard, accidentally bringing about a multiverse Armageddon,” according to its official logline. “Along the way, they meet alternate-universe versions of characters we’ve come to know and love from The Big Bang Theory. As the title implies, things don’t go well.”

The new teaser trailer shows off the high-concept series, with Stuart meeting an alternate universe version of himself.

“I’m you from another stream of reality,” alternate Stuart says. “This apocalyptic nightmare, the dimensional rifts, never has to happen.”

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe comes from Chuck Lorre Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. It is created, written and executive produced by Lorre, Zak Penn and Bill Prady.

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe is not the first Big Bang Theory spinoff. Young Sheldon, which followed the origins of the original show’s protagonist, Sheldon Cooper, aired on CBS from 2017 to 2024. A spinoff of Young Sheldon, titled Georgie & Mandy’s First Marriage, currently airs on CBS. It premiered in October 2024 and is now in the middle of its second season.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

In brief: ‘Every Year After’ trailer, and more

Prime Video has dropped the trailer for its upcoming romance series, Every Year After, based on the bestselling book Every Summer After by author Carley Fortune. The series, starring Saltburn’s Sadie Soverall and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ Matt Cornett, tells the love story of two friends, Percy and Sam, over the course of six years and one week in the lakeside town of Barry’s Bay. The eight-episode season premieres June 10 …

Oscar Isaac’s Las Vegas-set Netflix show now has a title and more cast members. The show, about the high-stakes world of casinos, is called The Roman. Betty Gilpin, Alec Baldwin and David Costabile are joining Isaac in the cast. A release date for the eight-episode series has yet to be announced …

Paranormal Activity is going from the big screen to the Great White Way. Paranormal Activity: A New Story Live on Broadway will officially open in New York this fall. The Olivier Awards-nominated production will play a limited 20-week engagement beginning on Aug. 14 …

Breakout Love Story: John F. Kennedy Jr. & Carolyn Bessette star Paul Anthony Kelly has joined the cast of American Horror Story. The 13th season of the Ryan Murphy anthology series debuts on FX and Hulu this fall. Further details on Kelly’s role have yet to be revealed …

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

‘Ted Lasso’ star Cristo Fernández signs pro soccer contract

Cristo Fernandez attends Elton John AIDS Foundation’s 34th Annual Academy Awards Viewing Party on March 15, 2026 in West Hollywood, California. (Jerod Harris/Getty Images)

Cristo Fernández is turning his on-screen soccer dreams into reality.

The actor best known for playing Dani Rojas on the hit Apple TV+ comedy Ted Lasso has signed a professional soccer contract with El Paso Locomotive FC, the club announced Tuesday.

Fernández, 35, joined the USL Championship side after completing what the club described as an “extensive” two-month trial.

During that stretch, the Mexican actor and forward trained regularly with the team and appeared in a preseason match against New Mexico United.

“Fútbol has always been a huge part of my life and identity, and no matter where life has taken me, the dream of competing professionally never truly left my heart,” Fernández said in a statement released by the club.

Long before his acting career took off, Fernández played youth soccer for Mexican club Tecos FC. However, an injury forced him to step away from the sport when he was 15 years old.

He later shifted his focus to acting and became one of the breakout stars of Ted Lasso in 2020.

His character, Dani Rojas, became a fan favorite for his upbeat personality and memorable catchphrase, “Fútbol is life.”

In recent years, Fernández has shared his journey back to soccer on social media, posting videos of himself training with professional clubs across the country, including teams connected to Major League Soccer organizations.

El Paso Locomotive FC head coach Junior Gonzalez said Fernández will bring both talent and leadership to the squad.

“Cristo is a great addition to our roster, adding another attacking threat to our forward line,” Gonzalez said. “His passion for the game and leadership qualities for our locker room allow us to continue growing the positive culture we strive for as a club.”

Fernández said the opportunity represents more than just a return to soccer.

“This journey back to professional soccer is about believing in yourself, taking risks, and continuing to chase your dreams no matter how unexpected the path may be,” he said.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

Savannah Bananas’ Jackson Olson joins ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 35

Jackson Olson plays the fans as the Savannah Bananas take on the Party Animals at Campanelli Stadium on August 16, 2023 in Brockton, MA. (Staff Photo By Stuart Cahill/MediaNews Group/Boston Herald via Getty Images)

Savannah Bananas second baseman and social media personality Jackson Olson is trading the baseball field for the dance floor.

Olson has officially joined Season 35 of Dancing with the Stars as a celebrity contestant, ABC announced during Disney’s Upfront presentation on Tuesday.

The internet creator and baseball star is the latest celebrity revealed for the upcoming season, joining previously announced contestants Maura Higgins of The Traitors and Love Island and Ciara Miller of Summer House.

The full celebrity cast and professional dancer lineup will be announced Sept. 2 exclusively on Good Morning America.

Olson has gained a massive following online through his mix of baseball content, personal storytelling and behind-the-scenes moments from life with the Savannah Bananas, the viral exhibition baseball team known for its entertaining spin on the sport.

Along with sharing baseball insights and highlights from his career as a second baseman, Olson’s content often focuses on relationships, family, food and everyday life experiences.

The Savannah Bananas have become a social media sensation in recent years for their fast-paced and comedic style of baseball, often compared to the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball, with Olson emerging as one of the team’s most recognizable personalities.

Dancing with the Stars is coming off a milestone Season 34, which marked the show’s best finale performance in a decade, according to ABC.

The show will air live this fall on ABC and Disney+, with episodes streaming the next day on Hulu.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Entertainment

Conan O’Brien to return as Oscars host for third consecutive year

ABC’s The Oscars hosted by Conan O’Brien. (Disney/Mark Seliger)

Conan O’Brien will be reprising his hosting duties at the Oscars next year. 

At Disney Upfront 2026 on Tuesday, Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts announced that the Emmy Award-winning television host, writer, producer and comedian will return for the 99th Oscars.

Raj Kapoor and Katy Mullan will also return as the show’s executive producers for the fourth consecutive year. Joining them are Jeff Ross and Mike Sweeney, who will return as producers for the third time.

“We are thrilled to be working again with Conan, Raj, Katy, Jeff and Mike for the 99th Oscars,” said Kramer and Howell Taylor in a press release. “They are an incredible team and have produced such captivating, entertaining and heartfelt shows over the last two years. We are so grateful for their ongoing partnership as we honor our global film community — and we look forward to Conan superbly leading the celebration with his brilliance and humor.”

O’Brien made his Oscars hosting debut in 2025. He came back for the 98th Oscars this year, where he received positive reviews.

In a press release, Kapoor and Mullan said working with O’Brien for a third year is “really special.”

“He brings that signature humor everyone loves, along with a real warmth and generosity that carry through the entire show,” they said. “He’s a true creative partner, someone we trust completely, and someone who makes the whole process genuinely fun, both behind the scenes and on stage. We’re incredibly grateful to keep building this together and can’t wait to share what’s next.”

The 99th Oscars will air live on ABC and Hulu on March 14, 2027, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.